Welcome to the Microsoft Excel Forum community. Make sure you adhere to the Forum Rules before participating.

Questions that contain attachments such as an image or an Excel file get the most engagement. To attach your Excel file you can post a link or use the media uploader directly.

Excel Shortcuts not working on Windows 10

Hello Guys,

I've been encountering an issue with some of my Excel shortcut keys on Windows. Specifically, the Ctrl+Shift+L shortcut for filtering is behaving strangely. After pressing it, I notice a refreshing effect, but no filter is applied.

Additionally, I'm facing problems with the formula auto-fill using Ctrl+D. 

Has anyone else experienced similar problems or has insights into why these specific Excel shortcuts might not be working as expected? Any assistance or suggestions on how to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Let's address the issues you're facing with Excel shortcuts:

Filtering Shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+L) Issue:

1. Check Keyboard Language Settings:

• Verify that your keyboard language settings are correct. Sometimes, if the language settings are different, shortcuts may not work as intended.
  2. Excel Version Compatibility:

• Ensure that you are using a version of Excel that supports the Ctrl+Shift+L shortcut for filtering. Different versions may have variations in shortcut functionalities.
  3. Conflicting Software:

• Check if any other software running in the background is using or conflicting with the Ctrl+Shift+L combination. Adjust or disable conflicting software if necessary.
  4. Customized Shortcuts:

• Confirm that the shortcut hasn't been inadvertently customized. Go to "File" > "Options" > "Customize Ribbon" > "Keyboard Shortcuts" and check for any conflicting customizations.

Formula Auto-Fill Shortcut (Ctrl+D) Issue:

1. Formula Structure:

• Ensure that the formula structure allows for auto-fill. Check for any absolute references ($) that might restrict the fill. Adjust the formula structure accordingly.
  2. Selection Range:

• Before using Ctrl+D for auto-fill, make sure you have selected the correct range. Click and drag to select the cells you want to fill before applying the shortcut.
  3. Excel Calculation Mode:

• Confirm that Excel is set to automatic calculation mode. If it's in manual mode, formulas may not auto-fill until a manual recalculation is performed.
  4. Check for Workbook Protection:

• Ensure that the workbook or worksheet is not protected. Protection settings can sometimes restrict certain operations, including auto-fill.

By addressing these potential issues and following the suggested solutions, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the problems with the Ctrl+Shift+L filtering shortcut and the Ctrl+D formula auto-fill shortcut in Excel. If the issues persist, please provide additional details for further assistance.